Our meeting started with Special Presentations to recognize the outstanding work of the following:
- Roshen Daroowala and Elsie Rao as our January 2010 Employees of the Month.
- Dan Redwine as our January 2010 Volunteer of the Month.
- Paige Hershey as the recipient of the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association Distinguished Service Award.
- Rory Frazee as the recipient of the Texas Tennis Coaches Association's Coach of the Year Award.
- Anne Daily as the recipient of the Texas Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (TAHPERD) Honor Award.
- School Board Recognition Month. As part of this presentation, each Board member was given a work of art created by a Spring Branch student which was incredibly moving for me.
We then had our Board member Liaison Reports (each Board member serves in a liaison capacity). Click here for the materials I provided in my legislative liaison update. Click here and here for the materials provided by Wayne Schaper, Sr., in his Facilities update, and here for the materials provided by Mary Grace Landrum in her Technology update.
We then had first reading on the following policies:
Our action items on the Agenda included the approval of the following items:
- contract awards
- order setting school board election
- Resolution calling for a joint election with the City of Piney Point and Spring Branch Independent School District and order approving joint electionownload 1-19-10 Regular Bd Mtg Agenda(3) 88-90
We then approved our Consent Agenda.
We concluded the meeting with two lengthy discussion items. The first was a presentation and discussion of the schematic design and design development for the new Wilchester Elementary School. Click here for the design and schematic documents reviewed by the Board.
Finally, we continued the difficult discussion regarding the cuts necessary to balance the 2010-2011 budget.